Tuesday, November 14, 2017

November 14th, 2017

Since Batel is leaving on Thursday and Max and I have already spoken for her tomorrow evening, tonight was the only night for us to have a dinner as a family. Well, minus Efe, but still. Mom made her Falafel and pita bread sandwiches. I don't care how many stars a restaurant has, noone beats Mom's Falafel. And Dad made Baklawa for dessert, I could die happy. It was nice just sitting around the table, talking and catching up. Though I think Mom suspects Batel has a "special friend."

Batel was telling us about how classes were going, and how she's been struggling with her work schedule and getting homework done. Dad asked why she didn't just do her homework on the weekend, and Batel answered that that was when she and Jason were trying to get more active. Which led into a whole new conversation about who Jason was. Batel never said they were dating or anything, but apparently they met in some group event that was intended to help people be more active. So now they spend a lot of time together on the weekends walking around Tucson or hitting up the gym. Batel mentioned that they had even made plans to hike a short trail in Saguaro National Park.

Mom was getting a little pushy about it all, so I stepped in to change the subject. I thought it was pretty smooth, I asked Batel if she got the chance to see Nephmesu when he came through Phoenix. When she asked who he was, I was able to explain that he would be our new permanent exhibit at the museum. I guess I hadn't mentioned much to Mom and Dad, as they both had questions. I must have held on to the no talking order longer than necessary. It was nice to be able to update them all, especially since we'd had a meeting this morning about the inspector coming and how that went.

Which, for the record, apparently the inspection went well. There were a few issues that she had pointed out, and we won't get the full report for a day or two. But the contractor was there and said he was expecting things to go as they had. He said just another week to finish everything up and it should be done. Maybe sooner depending on the full report once they get it.

So yea, tonight was a nice night, and some very good food. Simple in a way I don't think I've felt for a while now. Batel and I talked about my black out back in August and how I'd been having so many dizzy attacks after that. Which was also how I met Candace and Sam, who she was introduced to at the party. We talked a bit about Candace's situation and how I've been helping her out. Batel seemed to really like them and was sad that she couldn't join me on Thursday to go over. I didn't tell her what had been going on, and hadn't thought about Thursday much. I guess I'm going to have to call Candace tomorrow and check in.

Oh well, tomorrow'll be a big day. I have all my usual chores to do, and then Max'll be by to pick Batel and me up for dinner. So I should get to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment