Sunday, November 26, 2017

November 26th, 2017

It's frustrating, while Hal and I weren't dating and I was resisting the implication, Max insisted we were and wanted to know all about our dates. But now that we are dating, and Max knows the conversations we had been having before, now she could care less about our date, and wants to know all about our conversation. This is all new to me, and I know I tend to resist "girl talk," but I actually wanted to go over the date. Damn Max and her love of all things conspiracy.

That said, she was able to confirm the oddities about the crows. I think she was more worried though that the crows were trying to eat the fireflies and that was why we weren't seeing them anymore. Her other suggestion was that with the time of year, maybe the fireflies couldn't survive and all died off. She did mention that there were photos of the crows that didn't include the tree, and she berated Hal about him being too focused on the tree to find the others. But, the crows are definitely making a presence in that area, so the connection to the tree is readily assumed. And Max had to stress that their connection to the tree is only assumed, we don't know enough to be sure that there is any actual link. This is why I like having her around, though I was feeling a bit protective of Hal. She was very interested in the recent Nephmesu incident, but she maintains her skepticism and backed some of Hal's own objections. I didn't mention the thought that Nephmesu himself was the source of these incidents, that thought still seems outlandish.

Our talk was short, my lunch breaks are never long enough. Which ultimately was why we didn't get to talk about the date. Max's focus and all, but she did start to ask once she was satisfied. I just happened to look at the clock, and was minutes late clocking back in. It was another busy day, just like the opening yesterday, only today was also Sunday. It was easier though, having the practice yesterday.

I realized before work though that I hadn't been going over my calendar like I had intended to. So looking over that, and it has only been what, a week or so? There hasn't been much change. As far as work goes, Nephmesu will spend this week in Portland, and will be coming home to us the beginning of next week. By the end of next week we should be able to finally open the fully complete exhibit. And Max, Hal, and I will all be watching for any incidents from then on afterward.

My dentist appointment is still on the 13th, and now that Thanksgiving has passed my month ahead now includes Christmas. I had also hoped to talk to Max about that, but it didn't come up at all, so I didn't text her until I was getting off work. I had texted Hal and Sam before work. Hal and Sam both mentioned having family plans on the days of, which is to be expected. I was more curious about the days around and seeing if maybe we could try to get together as a group.

Hal said with finals coming up, he'd have a lot of studying to do, and mentioned that we may have to skip a week or two of diners. But, beyond his internship, he'd actually have a lot of free time over winter break and had hoped we could do something. Our differing schedules remains an issue.

Max will also have winter break, as well as studying for finals. So her response was quite similar to Hal's.

Sam said he'd have to talk to Candace, but he expects she'd love to do something. He said the Wednesday and Thursday after Christmas would work best for them, but his schedule would be pretty open so if my schedule changed he could be fluid.

It gets the conversation started, so now I'll have to look in to what we could do, when, where, and how.


No comments:

Post a Comment