Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September 5th, 2017

Normally today would be my Friday, and coming to the end of five days of work I can feel it. Today though was only my third day back. I almost forgot I have tomorrow off and was starting to get things ready for work tomorrow.

Today was nice. No dizzy spells, and no John. I talked with Louise about what happened yesterday. She said she'd talk to him. I just hope this doesn't blow back on me somehow. Having the next two days off should help.

That said, Hal joined me for lunch. He's a tall skinny guy, probably taller than Sam which is impressive. Where Sam is so muscle bound though, Hal looks like a toothpick with some curly blond hair that makes me think of a cotton swab. Kinda cute, but in those moments where things got quiet his eyes would lose focus and it seemed like there was something weighing on his mind. I asked if everything was okay, and he smiled back and said "yea, fine."

At first he was pleasant, he's got a nice smile and likes to use it. He told me a bit about what he was studying and how his internship here helped. It was actually some interesting stuff, and it sounded like he was working on his graduate project, whatever, when he was out on his hike. When I asked about it though, that's when things got quiet and he retreated into himself. After telling me everything was okay, he apologized and said he's got some things he needs to work on. I wonder if something happened out on his hike.

Oh well, as it is my Friday, I'm going to go enjoy another episode of Legion before I go to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment