Sunday, December 3, 2017

December 3rd, 2017

Today was weirdly quiet at work. Sunday's are usually pretty busy, but we didn't have many guests at all. It meant that we spent time cleaning, going over again things that had recently been cleaned. I think with Nephmesu on his way, people are waiting for his arrival before coming to visit.

I wasn't sure if Max was going to join me for lunch today or not. Our lunches recently have mostly been her chance to catch up on what I've been talking about with Hal. Since she joined us last night, she wouldn't need to catch up. It was a pleasant surprise then when she did join me at lunch. And we finally got to do the girl talk, talking about Hal and me, rather than just talking about Hal's secret society. Max is happy for me, and she thinks we're cute together. She mentioned that she'll have to take advantage of our tubing party to try and hook up with Sam. Then all we have to do is find Candace a boyfriend and no one will be left out.

Before she left though, she pulled out an article she had found. She said she ran across it while doing some research for a class and wasn't sure if it meant anything. But she had remembered that Hal and I went to visit Westhouse books, and that's what caught her attention. The gist of the article was that Westhouse books had taken on a silent partner. Not much information, and I'm not sure if it means anything. The article was dated Nov. 25th, two weeks after Hal and I had visited. I'm not sure if it means anything, but with all we know about Westhouse, it is curious.

Hal surprised me by picking me up after work. I guess he felt the need to make up for last night, and he took me out to Bonnie Brae. Then we went over to Washington Park, and found a bench overlooking Smith Lake and just sat and enjoyed each other's company. It was cold, but really sweet. I found out that he's into rock and punk, he's got almost everything by The Offspring. But he's also into Irish/Celtic and loves Dropkick Murphys. Hal was surprised to find that I knew them as well as I did, so I gave him a taste of how eclectic my musical interests were. I suggested he look up Seven Nations, Heather Dale, Apocalyptica, and Lacuna Coil. Just for starters. Maybe I can open his eyes to a wider world of musical appreciation.


No comments:

Post a Comment